Thursday, December 23, 2010

First deer. Part 1

My first deer




It all started when my now ex boyfriend got in the way of my hunting prows. Needless to say, I put my hunting before boys, and James was gone, sooner than he anticipated.

Although, I was fifteen years old at the time, I am insanely close with my parents, and both of them are involved in my hunting activities. My father always accompanies me, while my mother manages the businesses and does a phenomenal job in scrap booking. She creates photo albums, and videos.

It all started with my dad and I driving down towards the edge of Colorado, in my dad’s beat up, old 84 Toyota. Many men are proud of their new supped up vehicles, while my dad is proud of his rust and 470,000 miles on it, and the top speed of fifty five miles per hour. Needless to say, we counted every semi that passed us on the high way.

After a five hour drive, which should have been three hours, we arrived at our destination.

We quickly changed out of our blue jeans, and into our camouflage, and started looking into four the beloved whitetail deer. As soon as we feasted our eyes on wheat fields, rivers, and groves of trees, we spotted a heard, and quickly evaluated the bucks. There weren’t any shooters, but it was a good sign to see that many bucks.

As we were walking by a grove of trees, and four feet tall grass, we spotted a shiny ivory antlers, from the look of it, he looked like a nice wide and tall whitetail. As soon as we quit gasping, my soon to be buck disappeared, amongst the grass and trees. We kept an eye on that area of where he was and did not see him again.

We continued to keep our spirits high, and kept looking for other deer. To our dismay, we did not see any more monster whitetails, and I knew our only option was to go for the buck we saw earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment