Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Deer! Part 3

As the sun started to set, behind the rolling hills, I became restless. I began to get worried, and impatient, seeing that I had a math final the next day, and I had not even opened my algebra book, time was precious, and my grades were in jeopardy. Disappointment soon washed over my once high spirits and right as I was out to spit out the words: “Dad, let’s go back”, the whitetail buck barreled out of the grass and trees, giving me a perfect broadside target. I quickly positioned my .260 Kimber on my rest, and became rock steady. I placed my crosshairs of my Leupold scope right behind the left shoulder, and gently squeezed the trigger. “Boom” one shot and I had taken my first deer. After the smoke cleared, then came time to celebrate. I first thanked God, for having his hand over the entire situation, and then I hugged my dad, and saw the pride in his eyes. He was so proud of me, and to this day, he says: “I would rather see my daughter’s take an animal, then I shoot it for the glory” My dad is one of the most humble men I know, and because of this I would only be honored to call him my hero. When I grow up, I hope to become a fraction of how great of a man my dad is. Humble that is, not become a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment